Marking the 75th Anniversary of the dropping of the first Atomic Bomb
online streaming only
4.30-5.30 pm Thursday 6th August
Coventry Lord Mayor’s Committee for Peace and Reconciliation welcomes everybody to watch online.
• Welcome by Lord Mayor of the City of Coventry, Councillor Ann Lucas
• Reflection by the Ambassador of Japan on video by Mr Yasumasa Nagamine, Ambassador of the Embassy of Japan to the United Kingdom
• Presentation of certificate of friendship from Coventry to Hiroshima
• A cross of nails announcement from Coventry Cathedral’s ministry of reconciliation to Hiroshima
• Antony Owen Coventry-Hiroshima Poet
• Sadako’s Story and making Cranes of Peace
• Support from Cardinal Newman Catholic School students and Coventry Young Ambassadors
Click here to follow the service online (no Facebook account required).
After the event, a video will be posted the Cathedral’s YouTube channel here.
Coventry Peace Committee welcomes donations. Could you help with a donation? Please contact our treasurer: Liam_phizacklea@outlook.com