Join the team!
Current Volunteering Opportunities
As the iconic symbol of Coventry, the Cathedral is committed to welcome all.
We are very excited about being a part of the City of Culture 2021 and are looking forward as we grow with the City. We would love you to join our happy and enthusiastic volunteering team as we move onto the next stage of our journey.
We’re especially looking for people who:
- Love people
- Love conversations – asking questions are just as important as answering them.
- Are eager to learn and share (history and religious knowledge not essential)
All our volunteers play a vital role in helping visitors enjoy their time at the Cathedral. The roles below are our current priorities – click on each title to see which ones might appeal to you.
A ‘sip and see’ session we were planning to hold on Saturday 25th April has had to postponed. We hope to invite you to come and have a brew and find out more about volunteering later in the year.
If you think you’d like to volunteer at Coventry cathedral, please visit to find out more:
Contact: Carly Tewkesbury-Witham, Volunteer Co-ordinator
Telephone: 02476 521284 Email: email@example.com
We’re also looking for:
- Servers – Our team of servers undertake a number of practical tasks which help our formal services to run smoothly. Joining the team is a really good way of contributing to the Cathedral’s worship.
- Chaplains – Join the team who give a few hours each month to provide a ministry of welcome, prayer and listening to visitors.
- General repairs and maintenance crew – maintaining our buildings and interiors is a big job. If you have painting, carpentry, cleaning or general skills you would like to offer we would love to hear from you.
- Blitz Centre Stewards – We are looking for people willing to help steward our small but fascinating Blitz Centre so that we can open it more often and to the general public. A regular commitment would be preferred.
- Needleworkers – The Cathedral has some spectacular vestments, banners and other fabric items which need to be renewed, repaired and cared for. We would love to hear from you if you have the skills to help and would be willing to join our friendly team.