Coventry Cathedral – including its Nave, undercroft rooms and our separate conference facility, St Michael’s House – is available for hire for a variety of events. In addition, the Ruins can provide a dramatic backdrop to a wide range of events, especially when floodlit at night. Examples of past events include:
• Awards ceremonies for universities
• Evening and day-time concerts, both classical and rock
• Conferences in the nave and lecture hall
• Banquets and fashion shows in the Nave
• ‘Britain in Bloom’ National Awards
• Dramatic performances – including Shakespeare and the Mystery plays – in the Ruins and Nave
• Summer celebrations in the Ruins
• Meetings, workshops and lunches
• Candlelit corporate receptions with musical accompaniment in the Cathedral Nave.
Together with our catering partners Amadeus, our dedicated team can work with you to ensure that your event is a success. We can help you with:
• All your catering needs
• Staging, sound and lighting systems provided in-house or sourced locally
• Stewarding, if required
• A drinks license
• Hotel accommodation locally
For more information, please enquire online or telephone +44 (0)24 7652 1228
Suitable for workshops, school groups, round table discussions, theatre workshops, lectures and presentations. Seats 70 on raised benches.
Suitable for workshops, lectures and presentations, lunches. Seats 100 theatre style, 70 seated for lunch. Can be hired as a Green Room for events in the Nave.
The Nave is a stunning and inspiring venue for larger events. We can accommodate up to 1500 theatre style and 450 cabaret style. The Nave is used for a wide variety of events from concerts, to banquets, awards ceremonies, TV recordings, balls and conferences. We can adapt to your specific requirements. Over the years we have been privileged to host some of the city’s most prestigious events.
Our on-site café offers a variety of options. Click here for further details.
We are developing St Michael’s House as an up-to-date conference facility. Please ask for details.
Small spaces within the Cathedral can be available for VIP receptions, green room or changing rooms. For ticketed events, the welcome desk is able to offer a sales service. Clients can also make use of our online ticketing facility.