We have in the CCN such a wealth of people, and such a rich mixture of experience and theology and practical reconciliation happening every day of the year, on the ground. This autumn we began a new idea, to give a voice to this mighty collection of individual viewpoints within our network: Thought for the Week.
Each Friday lunchtime, around the time when we pray the Litany in the Cathedral ruins at midday GMT, we will publish on our website and on Facebook and Twitter a short opinion piece of around 3-5 minutes in length, supplied to us by anyone formally connected to a CCN partner, on a reconciliation-based subject of their choice. The piece should be both topical and relevant to the speaker, and of interest to the wider global Community – so it could be about a local reconciliation issue which directly affects your organisation, or it could be about a global one affecting everyone.
This week’s Thought for the Week highlights how we’re just two months away from an exciting and varied week of reconciliation in Coventry this summer for young adults (18-25) from around the world! Held from Sunday 29th July to Friday 3rd August, anyone still interested in attending, now’s the time to sign up!
We are building, over time, a good and constantly growing spread of opinion pieces from all continents and countries in which we have members. Individuals’ views will be personal to them, but in other respects they should be:
- inspired by the Gospel and consistent with the CCN’s values and with our collective ministry of forgiveness and reconciliation;
- should ideally be in English to ensure as wide an audience across the CCN as possible, but we can be flexible as long as we have a short transcript or summary in English as well;
- of around 3-5 minutes’ duration, supplied in writing as a Word file, or as an audio or video file, to the email address below (for video files please drop us a line and we will let you know the Google drive or Dropbox folder link to upload it to);
- received by us in Coventry by the Tuesday of the week of publication to allow any editing that may be required;
- sent with your full name and the organisation you are connected with, and how you are connected with them (please let them know you are doing Thought for the Week beforehand!), and a photo.
Please watch and follow the various ‘Thoughts’ each week! And if you would like to take part, please contact us, ideally a couple of months before you would like to have your ‘thought’ slot, and we’ll be in touch – we look forward to hearing from you!