- CCN Thought for the Week for 13th July – we look forward to the International Youth Gathering in two weeks!
Plans are coming together for our International Youth Gathering in two weeks’ time! We are really looking forward to welcoming our 23 visitors from South Africa, across Asia, Germany, Belarus, Poland, Georgia, the USA and the UK, for five days of learning, talking and praying together.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 6th July – St Martin’s Church, Coney Street, York
St Martin's, York often hosts our reconciliation interns in Coventry for a few days each year to work with their community on reconciliation projects, and is one of our most active UK partners. A dedicated peace and reconciliation centre, here they look forward to the celebration of 100 years of Nelson Mandela's birth.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 29th June – Somerset College, ICON, South Africa
In our second CCN Thought for the Week this year from one of our ICON schools, Somerset College in South Africa talk about their role in assisting others in the community, and how engagement alongside the giving really helps!
- CCN Thought for the Week for 22nd June – St Aidan’s Primary School, Hartlepool
One of our newest ICON Schools, St Aidan's Primary in Hartlepool, UK, send us our CCN Thought for the Week this week - read about their recent day of Peace and Reconciliation.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 15th June – Kirchenbezirks Esslingen
We're so pleased to hear from one of our recent new partners in this week's Thought, who write of the need for peace in all of us in so many different guises, and the importance of music in this process!
- CCN Thought for the Week for 25th May – the Joy of Community
We have just held our spring pilgrimage to Coventry - three days of sharing time and space, thoughts and prayers within this incredibly powerful place that we in the Reconciliation Ministry Team are privileged to call our place of work.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 18th May – two months to go until the CCN International Youth Gathering!
We're just two months away from an exciting and varied week of reconciliation in Coventry this summer for young adults (18-25) from around the world! Held from Sunday 29th July to Friday 3rd August, anyone still interested in attending, now's the time to sign up!
- CCN Thought for the Week for 11th May – Flodden Peace Garden at Crookham United Reformed Church
In this week's Thought for the Week we hear from Revd Mary Taylor and the CCN's newest partner, Flodden Peace Garden in Northumberland, on the Scottish borders, where a walking natural experience of conflict and peacebuilding has been built over the past few years. Welcome, Flodden!
- CCN Thought for the Week for 4th May – Tantur Ecumenical Institute, the Holy Land
Just over a week ago we welcomed Tantur Ecumenical Institute into the CCN (although our links with them go back a fair few years!) - here Dan Koski shares his own story of his connection with Coventry, on behalf of Tantur, in today's CCN Thought for the Week.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 27th April – St Clement Danes, London
Today's CCN Thought for the Week features a partner joining our membership this coming Sunday, 29th April, St Clement Danes in London, with a story with a number of close parallels with Coventry's own. Next week's Thought: Tantur Ecumenical Institute in the Holy Land, who joined the CCN this past week.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 20th April – the Anglican Pacifist Fellowship
This week we hear from a new partner who will join the CCN tomorrow! Read about the Anglican Pacifist Fellowship's urge for each of us to take up our Cross to make a better society in practical ways for us all.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 6th April – introducing Together for Hope, the CCN’s new sister organisation
In this week's CCN Thought for the Week we share the exciting news of our soon-to-be sister organisation being born! Together for Hope, which will enable groups and individuals of other faiths and none to partner with Coventry Cathedral in the same ways that Christian organisations can with the CCN, launches in Coventry in just under a month.
- CCN Thought for the Week for Good Friday, 30th March – Revd Canon Dr Sarah Hills
This Good Friday we hear from Revd Canon Dr Sarah Hills, Canon for Reconciliation at Coventry, about the importance of space - often uncomfortable - for healing and for reconciliation, and reflections on her peace walk in Iraqi Kurdistan during Holy Week a year ago.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 23rd March – Revd Robert Childers
This week we're really pleased to hear from Revd Robert Childers, of the Church of the Good Shepherd, Tennessee, and an active part of the CCN USA Board, with his thoughts on how ready and willing actually are we for healing, as the season of Lent draws towards its close?
- CCN Thought for the Week for 16th March – Berkeley Divinity School at Yale
In a short Thought for the Week this week, we hear some first impressions on Coventry Cathedral from Berkeley Divinity School at Yale's visit this week.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 9th March – Jane Hill, Mothers’ Union Coventry and Warwickshire
In this week's CCN Thought for the Week we hear from Jane Hill, President of the Coventry branch of the Mothers' Union and one of our loyalest UK members! Jane gives us a few words just ahead of Mothering Sunday, or Mother's Day, in the UK this Sunday.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 2nd March – Cerys Smith, Reconciliation Intern at Coventry Cathedral
This week as we near publicising our reconciliation internships for September 2018 onwards, we hear from Cerys Smith, one of this year's wonderful team of three interns, who form a core part of our reconciliation team here in Coventry.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 23rd February – Dean John Witcombe, Dean of Coventry Cathedral
For this week's Thought for the Week we hear an edited version of Dean John's sermon on 11th February, covering his fascinating visit to Russia earlier this month to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the end of the Battle of Stalingrad.
- CCN Thought for the Week for 16th February – First Baptist Church of Matanzas, Cuba
This week's Thought comes from our newest partner, who have been part of the CCN for only ten days - welcome, First Baptist Church of Matanzas!
- CCN Thought for the Week for 9th February – register for the CCN International Youth Gathering!
Are you aged 18-25 and lit up by the prospect of learning more about reconciliation here in Coventry this summer with 40-50 others from around the globe? Taking place over 6 days, from Sunday 29th July to Friday 3rd August 2018, the CCN youth gathering provides a unique opportunity to experience Coventry Cathedral, share with others, and grow spiritually and practically as a young Christian reconciler.