We’re just two months away from an exciting and varied week of reconciliation in Coventry this summer for young adults (18-25) from around the world! Held from Sunday 29th July to Friday 3rd August, anyone still interested in attending, now’s the time to sign up! (pictured are those attending from South Africa).
Last held in 2012, the CCN International Youth Gathering is a focal point for inter-continental conversation and learning about each of our places in the world, and how we can make our own difference in healing the wounds of history, living in harmony despite difference, and building a culture of peace, in our various contexts.
Over the six days there will be:
- a variety of different prayer and worship, in both the new Cathedral and the Ruins, and in St Michael’s House;
- creative learning about Coventry’s own incredible story, how it continues to inspire and how it could help in your own context;
- training in the skills and practices needed for reconcilation, both generic, and specific to your own situations;
- real life examples from Community of the Cross of Nails partners and other organisations related to the Reconciliation Team at Coventry;
- great meals in and around the stunning Cathedral quarter, a varied social programme and accommodation right next to the Cathedral.
If our last attendees are anything to go by, you will go home inspired and refreshed, with a new angle on your work and faith, and quite likely some new directions to take that faith and calling to.
The cost all-inclusive for the six days is £300, or £150 without accommodation for those who live locally. Questions? Email email@example.com or view the programme or sign up to attend here. We would love to hear from you, and look forward to having you with us in July!